I haven't posted in a little while. Our trial a couple weeks ago was interesting.
- Rylie was awesome. He got his starters jumpers Q and ran really really well.
- Max got an advanced jumpers Q - he ran pretty slow but that gave me time to think about handling ;-).
- Max did the teeter on the standard run without even a second thought. Silly me for worrying.
- Max was tugging with me in the waiting area before his run - this is HUGE for us.
- Both dogs were awesome travelling and at the hotel.
- I felt that Max was pretty stressed. The one video I have does show him wagging his tail but he was moving REALLY slowly all weekend and he left the ring on the one run we had on Sunday. He's never done that before.
I was considering not putting him in next month's trial but we got back, went to class and he was happy as a clam. It might be that he just needs to get used to different venues. I know he picks up on my stress but I didn't feel I was terribly stressed.
Anyway I decided to go ahead and enter him in the trial. My trainer will be there so she can watch us.