Friday, June 17, 2011

I love weekends

Last weekend we went camping in our new (to us) motorhome.  It was the first time we've camped in ages and we had a good time.  The dogs enjoyed it too.  I used my brand new (to me) bike trailer and we went on a 14k bike ride with a stop partway through for a hike.

This weekend we have an agility trial.  We've been working hard on training and it will give us a chance to evaluate where we are.  I was so happy with both of their performances in the last trial we were in last month.  It should be a lot of fun.  I was hoping Rylie would be ready for a standard course but his contacts are not quite there yet so he will just do jumpers and gamblers.  Along with standard, jumpers, and gamblers, Max and I will be trying to figure out snooker.

Next Wednesday I am going to a seminar on ways to manage a dog's fear of thunderstorms.  I'm pretty excited about it and hoping to come away with some new techniques for helping Max cope with the stress.

1 comment:

katie, Maizey and Magnus said...

Can't wait to hear about the thunder storm seminar!

Is your bike trailer for the dogs? Sorry if I miss understood, it's just that a 14 km ride seems a long way for them to run with bikes and I've been trying to figure out how I can safely get in more biking with my two. Magnus could easily keep up with me, but Maizey's poor knees hold her back, so a trailer might be a good choice for her. She could get out and run a bit if she wanted or ride if she wanted. Altho I hate to think what my neighbors would think if I started hauling her around in a trailer.LOL Sounds like a great trip!