Friday, November 4, 2011

Yay for weekends

We have a two day agility trial this weekend.  For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to enter the first event of the day both days.  This means that I have to get up at dark o'clock.  Also that I have to warm Rylie up - crate him in the car - speed walk the course and go back and get him as he is almost certainly the first dog on the line and any folk crazy enough to be there that early will also be running that event so I won't be able to count on having anyone hold him while I walk.

I'm going to put my goals for the weekend out here and then report back.  With Max my main goal is to keep connected with him - particularly at the start line.  He stresses at the start line (most likely because of me) and our start is often rocky.  I'm going to try really hard to keep his focus on me.  I'd also like to be able to handle the masters jumpers course as if I'd actually practiced some of the handling before and not just flail around.

With Rylie I just want us both  to have fun out there and hopefully have him do his contacts as beautifully as he does them in class.  He has been following my body really well lately and I hope we can continue to  work as a team in a more stressful environment.

Of course I'd like Q's with both dogs but mainly I just want us to be a team.

No comments: