Friday, September 5, 2008

Hell Week

This has been the week from hell and it's only mildly related to the fact that our nest is now empty.  Computer Dude finally left for good yesterday after multiple trips back and forth with stuff.  I have my own vehicle again (yay!).  I am hoping to do something about the fact that my own vehicle is a minivan now that I don't have to haul sports gear around - I'm thinking two seater convertible.

I talked to Engineering Guy the other day and he is having the time of his life.  He has the official Queen's engineer hairdo (which really involves very little hair and what there is is in mulitcoloured spikes).  I hope the frosh leaders remember to tell them to put sunscreen on their heads or he'll really be a redhead by now.

Our 12 year old golden retriever is really starting to fail.  It breaks my heart to kennel him for the week we will be away.  We took him to the vet today and the vet says he is pretty good.  I'm hoping the fact he really hasn't eaten is because he's missing Engineering Guy but I have my doubts.

Work has been particularly hellish. Since it was my last day before holidays of course anything that could go wrong did.  Thankfully I do have awesome co-workers.  I hope I didn't leave too much of a mess but after twelve hours without a break my blood sugar was in the toilet and I had to leave to take our little dog to the place she stays.  Tomorrow at this time I'll be on a boat drinking wine and without cell phone access or internet (which will be tough) so work will have to wait a week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Deb. Sorry I didn't get to say goodbye. Hope your week of sailing was absolutely awesome.