Sunday, September 28, 2008

Benefits of an Empty Nest

I think we are starting to get into a bit of a routine.  I am noticing some benefits of having just two of us.

1.  The house pretty much stays how I left it.
2.  If we want grilled cheese sandwiches or soup for supper we can have it without feeling guilty that the athletes in the family aren't getting enough protein.
3.  Our lives no longer revolve around hockey.  Therefore I have time to do some things that "I" want to do.

Both boys will be back in two weeks for Thanksgiving.  Engineering guy has his commencement that weekend.  I'm certainly not counting the days though.  My parents are also coming for the long weekend.  Only their 2nd visit in the ten years that we have lived here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"The house pretty much stays how I left it." I SERIOUSLY think this is going to be the single most best thing about having the boys gone.