Friday, December 2, 2011

Recallers

I'm very excited to be doing Susan Garrett's recoilers course again.  What makes it extra exciting for me is that we seem to have quite a lot of Cavaliers on course this time.  I know there have been some before but the new course format helps us connect.

I do feel like a bit of a fraud taking a recall course.  Cavaliers love their people so much that I don't think recall is usually much of an issue (except for Max and squirrels) but on the other hand I have to work a lot harder than most border collie or golden retriever owners to get enthusiastic tugging from my dogs (I know my own fault  - I didn't keep it up as much as I should have when they were pups) so it all works out .  It's a wonderful community and really supportive.  I feel like I've grown a lot as a trainer since I have been involved in the recallers program.

No comments: