Sunday, June 1, 2008

Graduation

I thought I was over this since Engineering guy is the second (and last) of my children not to have a high school graduation.  

I got to look at some fabulous pictures of the friend's Engineering guy had in grade three as they had their high school graduation this weekend.  If he is able to make the trip home (which would entail missing a day of school right around mid-term time) his school does have "commencement" in October.  Basically what it is is an awards night - the kids (that are able to be there) don't get all spiffed up in suits and gowns.  Frankly, I've been to the academic awards night for grades 9-11 students and it's far better done.  Last year at Computer dude's commencement the didn't even have all of the kids or the awards on the program.

I know in the grand scheme of things it's not that important but as a parent I will always feel ripped off.

No comments: