Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Training

My dogs keep me so honest.  I have a brand new fancy training room.  The dogs love it, I love it.  Since my surgery though the arm has been rather sore again.  My cast came off on the 21st but being only a week after becoming bionic the arm is still pretty tender.  With no cast I'm nervous about bumping or having the dogs jump on it.

The training room is in the basement and every time I go down there - whether it's for laundry or to get something out of the freezer the dogs are convinced we are going to train.  If I tell them to stay up they are sad.  If I let them come down with me they run into their crates and are convinced it's training time.  What can I do?  I try and have a few things planned that I can do without fear of being tackled.  Currently we are working on foot targets, directions, and trying to add some body awareness each day. I am grateful they love to train so much because it would be way too easy to get out of the habit.


Here is a video of Max helping me with laundry while Rylie supervises off camera.

5 comments:

minnow said...

Love your training space -- and what a helpful dog!

Beyond the Dog Dish said...

Your training room is AMAZING! You have been through a lot with your arm, so I am glad to hear its healing. I need a laundry helper...

Unknown said...

I can see why it's in the laundry - cool idea and willing helpers!

Pawouaf said...

I love your training room !!!!
Very good idea !

World of Animals, Inc said...

We love the photo of your training room. It has lots of space and hope you are able to get some practice done. Thanks for sharing the update. Have a fantastic rest of your day.
World of Animals